Sunday, May 2, 2021

Celebrating You Today

Celebrating You Today card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Altenew
Here's my card for the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches. My card is a pretty literal interpretation of the sketch, down to the floral and leafy elements. I couldn't resist inking up Altenew's pretty Watercolor Blooms set! I used two shades of coral-y red for the two-step flower images and a pair of vivid greens for the leaves. The MISTI helped me to line up the images perfectly. Once I'd finished stamping the flowers and leaves, I used the matching dies to cut out the stamped images. They were arranged on the edge of a berry colored cardstock circle. I used foam tape to adhere the flowers to give them dimension, then tucked the leafy branches underneath the raised images. Since ink splatters aren't my friend, I substituted a little ink blending around the circle as an accent. I used a coordinating coral distress ink to add a blend of color to the pale pink card base. For the sentiment, I stamped the "celebrating you today" sentiment from the Sentiment Strips 2 stamp set in Rouge ink on a narrow white cardstock strip. The strip was positioned over the round panel using more foam tape to finish the design. 

Materials Used:
Watercolor Blooms and Sentiment Strips 2 stamp sets, Rouge, Crimson, Just Green, and Hunter Green Crisp inks, Watercolor Blooms and Halftone Circles Nesting dies (Altenew); Abandoned Coral distress ink (Ranger); Berry Sorbet cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Rose Petals cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. These flowers are so pretty and work perfectly for the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips