Saturday, May 1, 2021

Fluttering Into My Thoughts

You're in My Thoughts card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from The Stamp Market

Here's my card for the current "wings" themed challenge at Perfectly CAS. My clean and simple desig features a pretty butterfly element created with stamps and dies from The Stamp Market. I used my MISTI to stamp the butterfly from the Papillon stamp set in aqua and black inks, then die cut the stamped image. The body was adhered to a pale blue cardfront, positioned to meet the antenna image stamped directly on the cardfront. To give the butterfly the appearance of flying, I cut the butterfly shape again, this time from vellum. I used some double stick tape to adhere just the center of the vellum die cut to the stamped image, then gently folded up the wings for dimension. I stamped the "you're in my thoughts" sentiment from the Hello Hello stamp set beneath the butterfly in the same ink I used to stamp the body. A narrow strip of teal cardstock beneath the butterfly and sentiment completed the simple design.

Materials Used:
Papillon and Hello Hello stamp sets, Papillon dies (The Stamp Market); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Cookie Monster ink (Taylored Expressions); Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Ocean cardstock, white vellum (Recollections)

3 comments:

  1. Lori, this is beautiful. Not only are teal and aqua my favourite colours, the butterfly looks so delicate with the vellum overlay. I love it! Thanks so much for playing along at Perfectly CAS, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've added the vellum die cut overlay to suggest movement of the wings and the soft turquoise background. Thanks for sharing at Perfectly CAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lori this is just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Perfectly CAS challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    PERFECTLY CAS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips