Monday, May 17, 2021

I Love You More Than Cupcakes

I Love You More Than Cupcakes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. This sweet design features die cut cupcakes created with MFT's Cupcakes and Sprinkles die set. The cupcake wrapper was cut from gold foil cardstock to mimic the look of those shiny cupcake wrappers. The top was cut from cream cardstock for a buttercream frosting-like look. I assembled the cupcakes on brown paper with a pink polka dot pattern using foam tape for dimension. The panels were matted on coordinating brown cardstock before I adhered them to a pink card base. The "I love you more than cupcakes" sentiment from the Sugar Coated Sentiments stamp set was stamped beneath the panels in brown ink. For a finishing touch, I added a die cut cherry to each cupcake, coating it with Glossy Accents for a shiny look.

Materials Used:
Sugar Coated Sentiments stamp set, Cupcakes and Sprinkles dies (My Favorite Things); Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Lovely Lady cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Gold Foil and Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); Cool Summer 6x6 paper pad (Carta Bella); Glossy Accents (Ranger); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips