Sunday, May 16, 2021

We're Just Better, Together

Here's my card for the current challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches. This is one of those designs that looked better in my mind than it did once I tried it out on paper, but I'm sharing it anyway...

We're Just Better, Together card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from WPlus9
I represented the layout's two round elements with an old fashioned glass milk jug and a pair of chocolate sandwich cookies from WPlus9's Milk and Cookies stamp set. The images were colored with Copic markers and cut out with the matching dies. I also stamped and die cut a straw and a little flag image to go with the milk jug. To go with my milk and cookies, I cut a panel of red gingham cardstock. After matting the panel on coordinating red cardstock, I adhered it to a gray mini slimline card base. A strip of red cardstock was adhered across the bottom of the cardfront. I used foam tape to adhere the milk and cookies images to the cardfront, using the red strip to anchor them. The straw was tucked behind the milk jug, then topped with the little flag image. The set's "we're just better, together" sentiment was stamped on the strip in black ink to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Milk and Cookies stamp set, Milk and Cookies dies (WPlus9); Memento Tuxedo Black and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Smokey Shadow cardstock, Pure Poppy patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. This reminds me of an old fashioned country summer. Very sweet take on the sketch Lori. Yum! Thanks so much for your continued support of the CC&S challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super cute and I love the red and black combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card, thanks for joining us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips