Saturday, June 19, 2021

Sending Sunshine Your Way

Sending Sunshine Your Way card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
Here's my card for the current Global Design Project challenge. As soon as I saw the multicolored strip along the left side of the inspiration card, rainbows came to mind, so I ran with it! I used cardstock scraps to assemble a rainbow array for the edge of the card. To go with the rainbow strip, I used the rainbow and one of the clouds from Lawn Fawn's All the Clouds stamp set to randomly stamp the outline images over the white card base. I did a little masking to allow me to position the cloud at different sides of the rainbow to add interest. Once I was done stamping, I added the rainbow panel to the left side of the cardfront. I edged the right side of the rainbow strip with a narrow strip of black cardstock to set it off from the patterned section of the cardfront. The set's "sending sunshine your way" sentiment was stamped in white pigment ink on a black rectangle, then heat embossed with white to pop. I used foam tape to add the panel to the cardfront. A tiny silver bow placed at the lower left side of the sentiment strip as an accent completed the design.

Materials Used:
All the Clouds stamp set (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red, Only Orange,Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, Lovely Lilac, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Snow embossing powder, silver ribbon (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips