Thursday, June 17, 2021

Sleep Less. Read More

Sleep Less. Read More card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs

Here's my card for the current Mix it Up Challenge at SugarPea Designs. That "sleep less, read more" sentiment may also be my theme for the next 8 weeks as I start a Young Adult Literature class as part of my certification to become a school librarian. For the next 5 weeks, I'll be taking two graduate classes--and for the next 2 weeks, I'll be doing that while working full time. So, you may see a little less of me around here over the summer as I read 18 books in 8 weeks and do the rest of my coursework, too...

I paired the sketch and some elements from the inspiration photo, including the book theme and color scheme, in my card. My images come from two SPD sets--the to go cup from the Mugs and Kisses set and the book stack from the Read Between the Lines set. The stamped images were colored with Copic markers and cut out with the matching dies. I used foam tape to adhere them to the top of a pale gray cardfront. The eyeglasses from the Brainy Bookmarks die set were cut several times from dark gray cardstock. The die cut pieces were stacked for dimension before I glued them over the books and to go cup. I placed a panel of gray on gray striped patterned paper at the bottom of the card base. The top was edged with contrasting aqua cardstock to set off the sections. I stamped the reading themed sentiment on the same pale gray cardstock as I used for the cardfront, then tucked the top of the stamped strip beneath the aqua piece that runs across the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Read Between the Lines, Class Act, and Mugs and Kisses stamp sets, Brainy Bookmarks, Class Act, and Mugs and Kisses dies (SugarPea Designs): Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Smokey Shadow patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Love this card Lori! But have to laugh because I've reached that age now where if I sit down to read I usually end up asleep. LOL

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips