Friday, June 11, 2021

You're the Gratest

You're the Gratest card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn

Father's Day is coming up quick, so I put together a punny Father's Day design based on the current sketch at Try Stampin' on Tuesday featuring Lawn Fawn's Best Pun Ever stamp set. I used the set's grater as my focal image. To make things super easy, I stamped the image on metallic silver cardstock, then die cut the stamped image. It was adhered to a contrasting red circle using foam tape for dimension. I paired the image with a piece of patterned paper featuring both round and dotted elements. I added a trio of narrow silver strips to the left side of the panel before adhering a strip of solid golden yellow cardstock edged with red cardstock across th3e panel. The image panel was added on top, overlapping both the silver and yellow strips. I stamped the "you're the gratest" sentiment at the bottom edge of the yellow strip. "Dad" was spelled out in red foam stickers from my letter sticker stash. The finished panel was adhered to a golden yellow card base matching the sentiment strip.

Materials Used:
Best Pun Ever stamp set, Best Pun Ever dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Poppy Parade cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock (Recollections); Silver Lining-Peppy designer paper (WeR Memory Keepers); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam letter stickers (Target); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Lol, love this, Lori - I laughed out loud when I saw the sentiment! Such a fun image to go with - and also love that dotty paper! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clever interpretation of our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch, Lori! I love pun cards, so yours caught my eye right away! You even met the optional challenge of a masculine card! Thank you for sharing your talents and a smile with your pun!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips