Sunday, July 25, 2021

I Pick You

 

I Pick You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge and and color challenge. The mix of colors seemed fall-like to me, so I went with one of my favorite fall MFT sets, Harvest Mouse. I colored the pumpkin-toting mouse with Copic markers in the challenge colors, then set the image aside to put together the background panel. For the background I mixed and matched a variety of fishtail flag strips in different widths, colors, and patterns. This was a great way to use up some scraps! The flags were arranged on an orange cardstock panel with a gray strip at the top. A narrow strip of green cardstock at the top of the panel hides all of the straight ends and gives the panel a clean look. I adhered the panel on a coordinating cheery yellow card base, then added the mouse image in the lower right corner using foam tape for dimension. The set's "I pick you" sentiment was stamped in the lower left corner of the orange panel to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Harvest Mouse stamp set, Steel Grey cardstock, Harvest Mouse and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things);  Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Bright Buttercup and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Simply Chartreuse, Smokey Shadow, and Orange Zest patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips