Monday, July 26, 2021

Lemon Duo Thank You


Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge. I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (color scheme, lemon image) for this simple thank you design.

Lemon Duo Thank You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
My lemon images are from the Paper Smooches Fruitastic stamp set. The image has a Kawaii-style face inside it, so I did some selective inking to just get the image outline. The lemons and leaves were colored with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching dies (lemons) or by hand (leaves). I created a background for the images by adhering a pair of layered circles, amethyst on green, to the lower left corner of a green dotted panel. The edges of the circle were trimmed down so the panels were even with the patterned paper panel, then the lemons were added on top. I used foam tape to position the lemons so I could tuck the leaves underneath the raised images. The "thank you" sentiment from the Word Up set was stamped on a narrow lemon yellow fishtail flag strip. I placed it on the panel extending out from beneath one of the lemon images, then adhered the panel to a coordinating green card base.

Materials Used:
Fruitastic and Word Up stamp sets, Fruitastic Icons dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Almost Amethyst cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse and Lemon Tart cardstock, Simply Chartreuse patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Spellbinders); Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Great card Lori! Thanks for joining in on the Fusion card challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips