Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Have a Wild Day

Have a Wild Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and stencils from Lawn Fawn
Here's my card for the current 3-D card challenge at Lawn Fawnatics. I made a shadow box card using Lawn Fawn's Toucan Do It stamp set and Tropical Leaves Background stencils. For my shadow box scene, I colored up the leopard, toucan, and branch from the set using Copic markers. The background was created by stenciling the leaf pattern on a white panel in two shades of green distress inks. Now that I look at it again, I probably should have done my stenciling on a pale green panel instead of a white one... After cutting out a round opening from a green cardstock panel to serve as the front frame for my scene,  I scored the edges of the frame and stenciled pieces and secured them with double sided tape. The images were assembled inside of the frame along with strips of grass cut with a border punch. I used foam tape to place the bird and branch on the stenciled panel. The leopard was adhered between the two strips of grass using more foam tape. The "have a wild day" sentiment was stamped on a narrow strip of green cardstock and adhered to the front of the card to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Toucan Do It stamp set, Tropical Leaves Background stencils (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukinekio/IMAGINE Crafts); Crushed Olive and Shabby Shutters distress inks (Ranger); markers (Copic); Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, and Ripe Avocado cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Grass border punch (Fiskars); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips