Monday, August 23, 2021

You're Brilliant

You're Brilliant card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. I shrunk the layout from standard to a mini slimline size, but still managed to fit in all of the bones of the sketch. The layout's round panel is represented by the fun light bulb die cut. I cut the bulb from bright yellow cardstock and the filament and base from sparkly silver. The assembled piece was adhered to a black cardstock panel over a strip of striped yellow patterned paper using foam tape for dimension. I stamped the "you're brilliant" sentiment from the Watt's Up set in watermark ink on a white cardstock strip, then heat embossed the text in silver to match the details on the bulb. After trimming around the words, I used more foam tape to place the sentiment on the panel. The finished panel was adhered to a yellow card base matching the bright light bulb.

Materials Used:
Watt's Up stamp set, Lemon Drop cardstock, Lightbulb dies (My Favorite Things); Basic Black cardstock, Sterling Silver embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); Lemon Tart patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips