Monday, January 17, 2022

On the Block Happy Birthday

On the Block Happy Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Taylored Expressions
I realized this week that I need some more birthday cards in my stash that aren't in a cutesy style. The sketch from the current CAS Colours and Sketches challenge was perfect for putting together a clean and simple birthday card in just the style I need. The Taylored Expressions On the Block-Happy and On Repeat stamp sets were perfect for creating the "happy birthday" sentiment for the focal element. The "happy" was stamped in Versamark on pink cardstock, then heat embossed in bright pink embossing powder. I cut the word out with the coordinating On the Block-Happy Shadow die, then used foam tape to position the die cut on a berry cardstock panel. After stamping and embossing the small typewriter print "birthday" sentiment, I placed it just beneath the raised die cut. The text was accented with a pair of silver stars cut with TE's Seeing Stars dies. I adhered the berry panel to a pale pink card base matching the cardstock used for the sentiment pieces. I considered adding some accents around the stars--maybe silver sequins or some pink enamel dots--but in the end, decided to keep the design super simple and easy to mail.

Materials Used:
On the Block-Happy and On Repeat-Birthday stamps, On the Block-Happy Shadow, On Repeat, and Seeing Stars dies (Taylored Expressions); Versamark ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock (Recollections); Zing! Grapefruit embossing powder (American Crafts); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. This card is so happy! I love the colors, great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning simple design! I just love how cheery this card is! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Colours And Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That embosssed pink sentiment is a stunning standout Lori and the stars just enough to add to the celebratory feel. Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The embossed pink sentiment is so sweet!! I love the color combination of pink and mint. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips