Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Color Throwdown 787-The World Needs More You

 

It's time for another Color Throwdown! It's my turn to be challenge hostess and I've chosen colors inspired by a dress with a bold, modern print--aqua, olive green, and teal.

The World Needs More You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I used stamps and dies from My Favorite Things for this simple thank you design. My focal image is a globe image stamped with olive and teal inks. The teal was stamped first using dye ink, then I stamped the continents on top using pigment ink for a solid impression. I used foam tape to adhere the globe to an aqua card base, then added a tiny die cut speech bubble with a heart inside it to the left side of the image. I tried to position it close to where I'm located on the globe.

I added a wide teal strip edged with narrow strips of olive and gold foil cardstock to the bottom of the cardfront. For the sentiment, I stamped "the world needs more you" from the More Essential Sentiments stamp set in black ink on a strip of olive cardstock. I placed it at the top edge of the teal panel using foam tape for dimension to finish the card.

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post.  As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine. Just be sure that the challenge colors are the dominant ones in your project. And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD787. If you upload your projects on social media, go ahead and use the hashtag #ctd787 and #colorthrowdown.  You can find us on Instagram and on Facebook with the username colorthrowdown.  Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team.

** Amy Rohl **  Amy Rysavy ** Broni **
** Kelly ** Lisa ** Lynn **
** Susie **  Vickie ** Wanda **
** Guest Star Stamper Bobby **

Materials Used:
I Miss Your Hugs and More Essential Sentiments stamp sets, I Miss Your Hugs and Love Speech Bubbles dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black and Teal Zeal inks, Memento Luxe Olive Grove ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Cool Caribbean, Taken with Teal, and Old Olive cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips