Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Color Throwdown 797-Celebrate

It's time for another Color Throwdown! It's my turn to host our challenge and I've picked a warm, summery mix of colors--yellow, orange, and red.

Celebrate card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-dies from My Favorite Things
I'm running low on birthday cards, so I used this week's colors and some large balloon dies from My Favorite Things to create a clean and simple birthday design. I die cut three balloons from cardstock scraps and arranged them on the left side of a white card base. Once I was happy with the placement, I secured them to the card and tucked the die cut black "strings" beneath them. For the sentiment, I used MFT's Simply Celebrate dies to cut the word "celebrate" from black cardstock and the contrasting background from red cardstock. I adhered the letters, then used foam tape to place the sentiment on the cardfront, overlapping the orange balloon. A bunch of festive silver sequins clustered around the sentiment completed the design.

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post.  As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine. Just be sure that the challenge colors are the dominant ones in your project. And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD797. If you upload your projects on social media, go ahead and use the hashtag #ctd797 and #colorthrowdown.  You can find us on Instagram and on Facebook with the username colorthrowdown.  Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team.

** Amy Rohl **  Amy Rysavy ** Broni **
** Kelly ** Lisa ** Lynn **
** Susie **  Vickie ** Wanda **
** Guest Star Stamper Stephanie Severin **

Materials Used:
Balloon Builder and Simply Celebrate dies (My Favorite Things); Harvest Gold and Summer Sunrise cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); silver sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips