Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Happy Flowers

The colors for this week's color challenge on SCS were Cranberry Crisp, More Mustard, Cool Caribbean and Old Olive. I used You Make Me Happy to make a card for this challenge. For some reason, I tend to think about using earthy tones for the images in this set, so it was a natural choice for me for these colors. The main image panel is constructed pretty much the same as one of the cards I did for last weekend's Virtual Stamp Night (see it here). On today's card, I changed the colors and added the panel to a regular sized card, instead of placing it on a free-standing pop-up card base. The big flower was stamped using the rock and roll technique, first inking the stamp in More Mustard, then rolling the edges of the stamp in the darker Cranberry Crisp ink to create a two-toned image. The stems are done with a paper crimper to give them texture.

I was so excited to come home to a surprise in my mailbox today. I got my very first Blogger RAK from Allison. Check out her blog here: Stamping When I Can. She always has a great list of blog candy contests that you can enter. I love the colors on this card (Taken with Teal, Cameo Coral, and Chocolate Chip) and the way she attached the sentiment to the card. Thanks, Allison!




Materials Used (You Make Me Happy card):
From Stampin' Up! You Make Me Happy stamp set; Rough Texture jumbo wheel and handle; Cranberry Crisp, More Mustard, and Old Olive Classic inks; Cranberry Crisp, More Mustard, Old Olive, Cool Caribbean, and Whisper White cardstock; stampin' dimensionals; paper crimper; sponge
Other: olive button (Walmart); brown linen thread (Walmart); copper brads (Joann)

1 comment:

  1. Great card for the CC...and, you have motivated me to get the stack of RAKs off my desk (I am such a procrastinator!)...cheers!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips