Saturday, March 27, 2010

Introducing Chloe

I promised earlier today that I’d share some news about an exciting event in my life. My longtime blog readers have heard lots about my special Cosmo the crazy dog and were so supportive when I shared about the unexpected and difficult decision I had to make to put him to sleep back in December. He was a big part of my life for many years and I have to admit that I really struggled to deal with his loss this winter. Between battling invading pesky mice, dealing with car repairs, and digging out from feet upon feet of snow, his absence was always on my mind.

Winter’s finally over and as spring starts, I’m ready for a new beginning. So, here’s my new beginning. I'm thrilled to introduce Chloe, the adorable goldendoodle puppy I’m bringing home with me today. Chloe is ten weeks old and just the sweetest thing. She is soft and fluffy with hair, not fur, so she won’t shed. That was one of the only things about Cosmo the crazy dog that I haven’t missed—LOL! I have to admit that I’ve shed more than a few tears recently as I’ve reminisced about Cosmo’s life and made plans to get Chloe (and wrote this post), but I know this is a good decision for me and I'm really excited about having her around. I’m looking forward to introducing her to my sister and her dog, Bella, and my best friend and her family tomorrow, and taking her to my vet’s office on Monday. Cosmo's cute face and quirky personality made him a favorite there and I have a feeling that Chloe will win them over pretty quickly. I’m spending the next week at home with her so I can help her get adjusted and on a doggy schedule. I’ve never had a puppy before, so I’m sure I’ll learn a lot this week!

I’m not really a scrapbooker, but I figured that an occasion as big as this one deserved a way to preserve the moment. As I’m writing this, I don’t have Chloe yet, but I have some photos from the breeder I’m getting her from. She was 8 weeks old and about 8 pounds when this photo was taken. I don’t have any puppy photos of Cosmo, so I’m thrilled to have photos of Chloe right from the start. The 8 ½” by 8 ½” page uses images from Unity’s March Kit of the Month, Rockin’ It Unity Style, and a monochromatic pink color scheme, to show off my new cutie Chloe. I have an album with some scrapped pages of Cosmo the crazy dog, mostly dressed in silly Halloween costumes, and this page will be put in the album alongside his. I'll have to add a few more along the way and I'll be sure to show off some photos of Chloe as she grows.

Materials Used:
March Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Regal Rose Classic ink, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose cardstock, Sweet Always designer series paper, photo corner punch (Stampin’ Up!); large scallop die (Papertrey Ink); white pen (Ranger); white brad (Making Memories); pink grosgrain ribbon (Morex); sewing machine

13 comments:

  1. Oh Lori, you did a great job on this scrapbook page and what a sweet little girl you are bringing into your life. She's adorable!!! Congrats on the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teared up too while reading this. Chloe is so adorable. I know she can never replace Cosmo but you will have a wonderful fresh start with your new furbaby!! I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcoming my new "grand-dogter" today was a joy! While no dog will ever replace Cosmo, she will bring much happiness to us all. I can't decide who is luckier, Lori or Chloe. I love you both- and wait until Aunt Jill sees her...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I am so happy for you...she is a little doll! The layout looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Lori, I know how exciting this must be. I can not wait to meet little Chloe :) and see more beautiful pages with her :) She is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweetie! Glad you have her, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so very happy about Chloe's arrival and what joy she will bring to your life. Just a quick word of advice...stock up on carpet cleaner, a scrub brush and plenty of paper towels. I love puppies, but they do seem to puddle a lot until you get them on schedules. (a lot like babies...lol) Have fun, enjoy her, and take lots of pictures! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's adorable, Lori and I'm so happy for you to be bringing her home! Can't wait to hear more about her adventures in her new home and see more pictures! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww. Chloe is so adorable that I am now researching labradoodles. I trust she will bring you much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! she is beautiful. I recommend watching/reading the dog whisperer. Ceasar Milan. he is a wonder. also....adam katz at dogproblems dot com. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to meet chloe!!! she is adorable!!!! While she will not replace Cosmo, she will bring you much joy!!! Have fun with her!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's beautiful Lori!! What a fun fun time for you! I've been there - losing a long-time friend and it's always exciting to start over and make a new friend! Enjoy her! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips