Thursday, July 5, 2007

Anniversary Wishes

***Blog candy contest still open (until some time Friday). See this post for info.***

Unfortunately, today was not much of a beach-going day, so we turned it into a bargain hunting day at the outlets near our house. There are three separate outlet malls/areas all within two miles of each other, so there's always lots of shopping to be done.

Today is my good friends Michele and David's wedding anniversary. Since I wasn't home to hand-deliver a card for this special day, it went out in the mail instead. It should have gotten there today--if not, Michele, you're getting a sneak preview . . . I used a sketch that Diane posted on her blog two weeks ago, so it looks similar to another card I posted recently. There's not much stamping on it, but I like the layout a lot.

For this card, I used one of the new In Colors, Blue Bayou, for the card base. The Rose Red panel is embossed with one of the Cuttlebug embossing folders. I used paper from Basic Grey's Blush line to add some color to the cardfront, too. The heart is a piece of chipboard from a big stack I bought at Michaels. The pieces are patterned on one side and white on the other. I covered the white side with Versamark, then put on several layers of copper embossing powder. The heart is attached to the card with a dimensional.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Wonderful Words II stamp set; Basic Black Classic ink; Blue Bayou, Rose Red, Creamy Caramel, and Whisper White cardstock; copper embossing powder; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white grosgrain; dimensional
Other: patterned paper (Basic Grey's Blush); hearts embossing folder (Cuttlebug); heart chipboard (Colorbok stack)

2 comments:

  1. Blue Bayou looks like a wonderful shade of blue; I loved buckaroo blue. Can't wait to see how they compare in person. Nice card, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori- I left you a phone message this AM telling you how much I LOVED the card. I was so excited to get it in the mail yesterday. Getting a card from you is like opening a gift! Oh yeah, David liked it too--like that matters... ;) I miss y ou, see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips