Sunday, October 28, 2007

Stem Silhouettes with Swirls

The featured stamper for today's challenge was Nitestamper/Chat. What a beautiful gallery she has! You can see it here. I finally decided to use this card for the challenge.

I made a bunch of changes to the original card. First, I knew I wanted to do a standard sized card instead of a square card. Also, I really liked the main image on the card, but I don't have Garden Silhouettes. So, I switched that out for the similar Stem Silhouettes set. I changed the color scheme entirely and added some more layers, too.

I kept the swirl idea from the original card, but used the swirl from Priceless since I don't have Baroque Motifs (I must be one of the few people that doesn't have that one!). I really like how this looks--I never would have thought to pair the swirls with an image like this.

The wide grosgrain ribbon was a find in the dollar bin at Michaels. It is an almost exact match for Soft Sky. I used a piece of floral patterned paper from the Fall Flowers set, just like in the original card, but used the Soft Sky piece instead of the Really Rust piece.

The final touch was some Crystal Stickles to highlight the tiny blossoms on the image. My Stickles was hopelessly clogged so when it finally unclogged, the stuff came out in a huge blob. I was able to wipe up most of it without too much damage. . .

I may go back and add some faux stitching on the Soft Sky mat around the main image. What do you think?

Materials Used:
Stem Silhouettes and Priceless stamp sets, Soft Sky and River Rock Classic inks, White Craft ink, Soft Sky, River Rock, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock, Fall Flowers designer series paper, distressing tool, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); Crystal Stickles (Ranger); grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

2 comments:

  1. Lori, this is so pretty! I love the softness of the card! Great job! I own Baroque but don't use it...lol...I rather the swirls you used...much softer! I like the card the way it is but then I'm not good a visualizing it differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the stem silhouettes...beautiful case! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips