Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Chocolate? No Thanks.

To follow up the" four tidbits about me" post yesterday, here's another interesting (or maybe not so interesting) tidbit about me. I don't like chocolate. I think this stems back to when I was in elementary school and my mom and some of her friends ran a chocolate making business. They created lots of fun shaped chocolate lollipops and treats. The chocolate would arrive at our house, straight from Nestle, in these huge 25 pound blocks. I think the constant exposure to chocolate resulted in my loss of interest in pretty much all things chocolate . . .

So, for me, this stamp set isn't so appropriate--but it is really cute! It's a new stamp set from My Favorite Things called How Sweet It Is. On this card, I colored the main image using Prismacolor pencils. I added a "rug" using the small skinny oval stamp by Amuse. I masked the large image so the rug would appear to be under the chair and ottoman.

The strip of paper on the left side of the card is flocked paper that I got at Target a while ago. The rich look and feel made me think of a rich piece of chocolate. The sentiment is from a Stampin' Up! Sell-A-Bration set, So Very. It's hard to see in the photo, but I randomly stamped the large flower from Vases in Vogue on the cardfront. The flower was similar in shape to the one on the chair in the main image, so I thought it would be a fun, subtle detail.

Materials Used:
Vases in Vogue and So Very stamp sets, Real Red, Close to Cocoa, and Basic Black Classic inks, Real Red, Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White cardstock, wide Chocolate Chip grosgrain, 1" circle punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); How Sweet It Is stamp set (My Favorite Things Stamps); small skinny oval (Amuse Art Stamps); flocked paper (Target); 1 1/8" circle punch (EK Success); red brad (Making Memories); Prismacolor pencils

3 comments:

  1. Cute Card..pretty paper.
    No problem...You don't like chocolate...I'll eat your share...
    Thanks!!! lol


    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Lori! I don't much care for chocolate either! I thought I was the only one!!! Glad to know I'm not!
    I ordered this set too though! Haha
    Your card is awesome...what great DP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice card...love the masking! I can see why you don't like chocolate...I prob wouldn't either.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips