Monday, October 1, 2007

Do-Over

Today's Try a New Technique challenge on SCS was to remake an existing card in your own gallery, changing only the stamp set. Since Polka-dot Posies was still on my stamping table from one of yesterday's challenge cards, I reinked it to recreate an adjusted version of this card.

As the challenge described, all I did was replace the images. The original card used the You Make Me Happy stamp set. This set has a lot of texture in the images. Here, the texture is replaced with lots and lots of dots. When I use Polka-dot Posies, I usually use really bright colors, so using more earthy tones was with this set was a change for me, even if the card doesn't look much different from the original.

Not much to say tonight--I have to write a paper on using course management systems for my grad school class, so I guess I should get to work on that now. . .

Materials Used:
Polka-dot Posies, Polka Dots & Paisley, and Dotted Background stamp sets, Cranberry Crisp, More Mustard, Cool Caribbean, and Old Olive Classic inks, Cranberry Crisp, More Mustard, Cool Caribbean, Old Olive, and Whisper White cardstock, sponges, 3/4" circle punch, paper crimper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); copper brads (Making Memories); green button and brown twine (Walmart)

1 comment:

  1. Very fun card! I haven't used my crimper in ages...I must get it out! Good luck on your paper!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips