Saturday, October 20, 2007

Doodle This Acetate Card

This card is for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I loved making the acetate card I tried last week, so when I saw this simple sketch, I thought it would be perfect for another acetate card.

I stamped one of the swirl images from Doodle This in white Staz-on on an acetate sheet. While I waited for it to dry, I stamped the large flower from Doodle This twice using Versamark on turquoise paper, then heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I trimmed around the flowers and layered them for the accent piece on the front of the card. I added a self-adhesive rhinestone to the flower center for a little "bling."

I'm really happy with how this turned out. This sketch made placing the inside pieces (for hiding the adhesive and for writing on) of the acetate card really easy. When I did my first card, the image panel was in the center, so lining up the panel inside was a little tricky. Since the panel across the card touched the card's folded side, I was able to line up the cardstock panels quickly and accurately.

Materials Used:
Doodle This, So Many Sayings, and Polka Dot background stamp sets, Turquoise and Gable Green Classic inks, Versamark, Turquoise, Gable Green, Cool Caribbean, and Whisper White cardstock, corner rounder, glue dots, Cotton White Staz-on (Stampin' Up!); self adhesive rhinestone (Michaels); turquoise brads (Making Memories)

13 comments:

  1. Lori, this turned out wonderful!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is sooo beautiful. I love the colors and the entire look of this! STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sketch looks fabulous on the clear card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, the blue and green look so fresh

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors, the acetate, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin' the acetate! The colors and design are great. I can see what you mean about being easier to line up when the cs is touching the fold rather than in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is FANTASTIC! So glad that I've found your blog today via Beate's challenge. Smiles 2 U, Pam :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tip on lining up the front and back ... beautiful card ... love the colors & the touch of bling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty!!! I love the doodle set and the colors are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS!!!! So unique and creative!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips