Sunday, October 21, 2007

You'll Never Guess Where You Can Find Me . . .

Anyone who knows me well knows that it is very unlikely that you will find me in the kitchen. Even though I had the kitchen in my town house renovated and modernized several years ago with all new cabinets, appliances, paint, and window treatments, I still don't do much (if any) cooking. So, given that info, what I'm about to share with you is kind of funny to me. . .

I'm pleased to share with you that I have been asked to join the Kitchen Sink Crew at Kitchen Sink Stamps. You can read the official announcement here on the Kitchen Sink Stamps blog and find out who the other members of this incredibly talented design team are. I am absolutely thrilled to be working with such amazing stampers! I'm looking forward to having the opportunity to share lots of projects using Kitchen Sink Stamps with you in the upcoming months. The sets that Maria has created are just fantastic. They're clear acrylic stamps and are the highest quality. I can't wait to see what else Maria is cooking up . . .

I was first drawn to Kitchen Sink Stamps by the unique Daisy three step stamp set. This card uses the Daisy set. I stamped the daisy images in fall-inspired colors. Then, I used the Cracked Glass techniqueto cover the main image panel.

The bookplate is a Sizzix die cut, cut out of Brushed Copper cardstock. It adds an elegant touch to the card.

Be sure to check out Craft Critique for more information about Kitchen Sink Stamps. They are doing a week-long feature on Kitchen Sink starting on Monday.

Materials Used:
Daisy stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, and Close to Cocoa Classic inks, Really Rust, Old Olive, So Saffron, Whisper White, and Brushed Copper cardstock, Spring Showers designer series paper, corner rounder, Spring Moss grosgrain, Ultra Thick Embossing Powder (Stampin' Up!); bookplate die (Sizzix); copper brads (Making Memories)

8 comments:

  1. Woohoo good for you!!!! I'm so happy for you girl!!! Your card is wonderful,love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daisies are gorgeous! don't forget to post your bella swap kit!!Have a great day, and congrats on the kitchen sink crew...You might have to really start cooking now...sounds like you have a fabulous kitchen. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Congrats Lori! It will be so much fun working with you on KP duty!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Lori! You're making some great cards with those flowers...can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. this card with the daisies is rockin!! I love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAH! Congrats on the DT. Your card is gorgeous! love the deep colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is beautiful. I think I love this stamp set...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips