Monday, November 19, 2007

Bella Is a Superstar

As soon as I saw the new Starlight Starbright stamp set that Verve Visual released, I had tons of ideas for using the set go swirling through my mind. Here's my first try with the fun sentiments.
This card uses this week's sketch challenge from the Stamping Bella forum on SCS. It's a simple sketch, but a fun one. I used a Rockabella image from Stamping Bella that I got in an image swap as the main image. I colored the Bella with alcohol ink markers then added some details using a gold Copic Spica glitter marker (found them at my local stamp store this weekend--along with Bellas!) and some Glaze pens.

I wanted something with stars on it to go with the sentiment, so I found this paper scrap from a DCWV pad, The Glitter Stack. Unfortunately, the picture doesn't show the fun sparkle in this paper. I used the colors from the patterned paper to select the colors for the Bella and the rest of the card.

I stamped the sentiment in Encore Silver ink. It doesn't show too well in the photo either, but it says, "Superstar yes that's what you are." I tried to heat emboss the image with silver embossing powder, but the letters in the second line of the sentiment are so tiny that they came out too blurry to read when they were heated.

The star embellishment is a white plastic star from an American Crafts package. I used an alcohol ink marker to color the star blue, then smeared Waterfall Stickles over the star for extra sparkle.

Materials Used:
Rockabella image (Stamping Bella); Starlight Starbright stamp set (Verve Visual); Letraset and Prismacolor markers; gold Copic Spica marker; Polka Dot background stamp, Bashful Blue Classic ink, Silver Encore ink, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Apricot Appeal, and Whisper White cardstock, corner rounder, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (DCWV's The Glitter Stack); oval punch (Fiskars); Waterfall Stickles (Ranger); plastic star (Playhouse by American Crafts); star brads (Joann)

4 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Love the papers and colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very cool card,love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Love the papers & she is a rockstar!!! Happy Thanksgiving. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Lori!!! Love it! That paper and stamp and sentiment ROCK ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips