Sunday, November 18, 2007

Monochromatic Snow Flurry

I made this card for today's Featured Stamper challenge on SCS. It's based on a card from Shelly/papermoon04's gallery. You can find her SCS gallery here. After I made this card, I realized how much it looks like the card I made yesterday layout-wise. Didn't even notice that as I was working . . . Guess I must like the layout.

My card is based on this card from Shelly's SCS gallery. I kept the layout basically the same, but changed the embellishments and stamps, as well as the colors. I used the Kitchen Sink Stamps Snow Flurry set for the main image and the sentiment on the card.

One of my favorite things about this stamp set is that the sentiments are not totally Christmas-oriented. It definitely makes the set more versatile. In addition, I've found that a lot of beautiful winter themed stamp sets have mostly or completely Christmas related sentiments. Since my family and I don't celebrate Christmas, I'm hesitant to buy sets with those images, since they're not ones I'll use frequently. Anyway, I stamped the image first in white craft ink, then stamped it again, offset just slightly in blue craft ink. Using clear stamps makes this so easy to do. I added a tiny heart brad at the bottom of the sentiment--perfect match!

I stamped the big snowflake image in craft ink, then covered it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I love how this image fits perfectly inside the mega scalloped circle punch (the pink one). I added some rhinestones to the edges and a blue rhinestone brad from Target's Dollar Spot to the center. Here's a close-up view of the details and the sparkle.

I stamped the snow pattern from the Backgrounds & Borders set (also from Kitchen Sink Stamps) randomly on the cardfront in white craft ink. I also brushed some white ink along the cardfront's edges and across the patterned paper panel to soften the blues.

December 3 will bring 4 new releases from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I'll have some sneak peeks of some of the new sets soon . . .

Materials Used:
Snow Flurry and Backgrounds & Borders stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); patterned paper (Memory Box's Snow Collection); Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, and Shimmery White cardstock, Ballet Blue and White Craft inks, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Coluzzle, white taffeta ribbon, silver cord, slit punch, corner rounder, photo corner punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); heart brad (Joann); rhinestones (Walmart); blue rhinestone brad (Target); mega scalloped circle punch (Marvy Uchida)

4 comments:

  1. Lori!!! SO PRETTY!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely color!!! And that snow
    flake is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, Lori...I love the blue! BTW, I nominate you...check my blog for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori this is such a pretty card! I love the monochromatic theme - and teh sparkly snowflake is great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips