Friday, November 16, 2007

Blogger Challenge: Week 21

This week's blogger challenge was a color challenge--use Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, and Pumpkin Pie (plus one neutral color cardstock). I immediately thought of fall when I pulled out little pieces of these colors to start my thinking about this challenge.

I decided to use my Autumn Fest set and stamp the bold leaf images in fall colors on a neutral panel. I used a piece of SU!'s Naturals White cardstock. The surface of this paper isn't smooth like Whisper White, so the images are a little more muted looking.

After stamping the leaves, I used a Stardust pen to trace a fine line of glitter along all of the leaf veins. Then, I misted the panel with Bronze Glimmer Mist. I put the stamped panel in a plastic container and misted away--not too many blobs this time and no thumb prints from holding the paper! So, my mastery of this fun product is improving somewhat, but I have a feeling I have a long way to go before I get it just right. Along with the Stardust stuff, the Glimmer Mist gives the panel a subtle sparkle.

I attached the stamped panel to an Old Olive panel, then added some brads and a piece of brown satin ribbon. I used dimensionals to attached this to a Pumpkin Pie panel with distressed edges. I used a scrap of Old Olive patterned paper from the Fall Flowers package that has a leaf pattern on the bottom of the card to go with the fall feel of the card. No sentiment--not sure what would fit, so I just left it out . . .

Be sure to check out what the other blogger challenge participants have done with these colors. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar to the right.

Materials Used:
Autumn Fest stamp set, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive Classic inks, Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Naturals White cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, distressing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); copper brads (Making Memories); Bronze Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); brown satin ribbon (AC Moore); Stardust pen (Sakura)

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Lori! It can be used for any occassion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card. Love this set and it works fabulously with this week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful card! I love what you did with it and these colors look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Lori! The patterned paper looks great and the colors seem so much brighter on your card. Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! Very beautiful and the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...This looks great! I would have never though to put blue in there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like what you did for the challenge. Really soft pretty look

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous & Fun - It's just my cup of tea. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great Fall card - love how you designed this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fantastic card, I love this stamp set and these colors look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marvelous! Love this set and colors and it works great for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Lori! I love leaves, and this is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card! This set is so popular this week....must be the last hurrah for Fall! Great job on this card....and thanks for the great hints on how to use the Spritzer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card!! That's a great set for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great, Lori. Brocade Blue is a color that I NEVER use but it really 'pop's out of your photo. Hmmm... might have to turn to it more often!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips