Thursday, November 15, 2007

Only Sort of Subtle Stem Silhouettes

This card was inspired by a RAK sent to me by my blogging buddy Dawn at Treasure Oiler Designz. The card she created used the bright colors from the Cutie Pie designer series paper along with Stem Silhouettes. You can see her pretty card here. When I use Stem Silhouettes, I always reach for more muted colors, so her card made me think about trying something different with this set.

So, I pulled out my Stem Silhouettes set and my Cutie Pie paper and was determined to use the images with some brighter colors. I used a different patterned paper from the Cutie Pie paper pack on my card than the one Dawn used, but it still had lots of bright colors. I ended up using reverse masking for my main image. I sponged ink inside a punched out scalloped oval, then stamped the image in Always Artichoke ink. I added Crystal Stickles to the image. This color Stickles has kind of a green tint to it, so it looks nice with the green ink.

I used the ticket corner punch on the corners of the image panel, then layered it on a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock. I put Bashful Blue brads at the corners, then tied some soft blue satin ribbon around the image panel. There was just enough room left on the panel for a sentiment, so I used one of the words from Warm Words. The final result is a little bolder and brighter than I would have done on my own. Thanks for the inspiration, Dawn!
Be sure to check back tomorrow for my weekly bloggers challenge project . . .

Materials Used:
Stem Silhouettes and Warm Words stamp sets, Bashful Blue and Always Artichoke Classic inks, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock, Cutie Pie designer paper, ticket corner punch, soft subtles brads, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); blue satin ribbon (AC Moore); Crystal Stickles (Ranger); giga scalloped oval punch (Marvy Uchida)

2 comments:

  1. Great card, Lori! I love Dawn's blog...she's got some great stuff! I like that idea of using bright colors too! That's one of my fav sets and I'll definitely have to try that! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips