Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sneak Peek of New Stamps

Stampin' Up! generously sent all demos a Level 3 hostess set from the upcoming Spring/Summer Collection. Mine arrived Thursday--a whole day earlier than it was scheduled to arrive. It seems like it takes FOREVER for my Stampin' Up! stuff to make it to the east coast, so when something arrives earlier than planned, it is a really nice surprise.

This card is just as bright in person as it is in the photo--and maybe even more so. I made it using the sketch from Beate's weekend sketch challenge. The colors were inspired by the fun, glossy striped paper I used on the cardfront.

I stamped the large flower image three times so I could color it and cut it apart to add dimension by layering the sections of the flower. I colored the flower using Letraset alcohol ink markers I found at my local Joann's. I decided to try out a set of these less expensive markers before investing in the Copics that stampers everywhere are raving about. I think I may be just about to cave in and buy myself a starter set . . .

I stamped the sentiment directly on a piece of Cool Caribbean cardstock. I added some paper piercing and a scalloped border to the panel. I embellished the sentiment by stamping the sentiment again on a piece of Pixie Pink cardstock and cutting out the small flowers to layer over the ones in the stamped sentiment. I added the tiny Twinkle stickers from Amuse on the flower centers. They're just the perfect size for tiny flowers like these, aren't they?

Materials Used:

Time Well Spent stamp set, Cool Caribbean, Pixie Pink, Green Galore, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, slit punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Onyx Black ink (Versafine); Marsha Pants patterned paper (by Starfish Dreams--from Michaels); various Letraset markers (Joann); clear rhinestone (Walmart); pink Twinkle stickers (Amuse); wide apple green grosgrain (Walmart)

15 comments:

  1. So cute Lori! I'm so jealous...didn't get my set yet. I'm always last in TX:( Love the scallop and the tiny twinkle stickers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fun colors you used with your brand new set, Lori!! Beautiful card!

    I shamefully have not mounted mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is adorable!!! You did a great job with the sketch. Love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card!! I got mine yesterday but have not mounted it yet. TFS Really enjoy your blog.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love how you give us all the deets on how you did everything! Awesome idea layering the flower! I can't wait to play with this set (it came Friday!). I read your comment on my blog (thanks, by the way!!!) who did you order your Nestabilities from and which set(s) did you get? I think I'm gonna get a set. I've recently gotten into the Copics...and you should totally get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing the awesome card! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout!!! Beautiful card!! I just got my level 3 set yesterday and need to cut it out so I can get busy stamping with it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, fab colours, love the stamps

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, this card is so pretty! Love the colour choices! Can't wait to get my set later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Lori! Great sample with the new set!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card! I love all the bright pretty colours and the big flower! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice and bright!!! Very lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lori,
    This is just beautiful. I love how fiesty looking you made it.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips