Monday, November 26, 2007

Bright Big Bold Birthday

Tonight I'm having dinner with some friends at The Cheesecake Factory to celebrate my friend Lauren's birthday. Lauren is a brand-new stamper and having so much fun with her new hobby. For her birthday, I got her a paper cutter to use with her new Stampin' Up! stuff and made her this quick but cute card, too.

I'm sure you recognize the patterned paper I used here. I've used it a lot over the last week or so and I'm still working on using up the last bits and pieces of this bold striped paper. It was the inspiration for the colors of this card. I stamped the cupcake bottom image (or gift box--it's a versatile image, isn't it?) from Big Bold Birthday in Pixie Pink, then stamped the cupcake top in Pretty in Pink ink on Pretty in Pink cardstock. I cut out the cupcake top and covered it with some Dazzling Diamonds. I put it in place on the cupcake using dimensionals and attached the cupcake panel to a scalloped circle to make the topper for this tent topper card.

Since the paper is so bold, I didn't want to do too much else with the design of the card. The cupcake already says "happy birthday," so I didn't really need to add a sentiment. I found a piece of bright pink ribbon and tied that around the striped cardstock and added a scalloped strip to match the scalloped frame around the cupcake.

If you like cupcakes, be sure to check back tomorrow for some more yummy cupcake stuff--this time courtesy of Kitchen Sink Stamps . . .

Materials Used:
Big Bold Birthday stamp set, Pixie Pink and Pretty in Pink Classic inks, Pixie Pink marker, Pixie Pink, Pretty in Pink, Cool Caribbean, and Whisper White cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds, 2 way glue pen, slit punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); giga scalloped circle punch and mega circle punch (Marvy Uchida); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels dollar bin); Marsha Pants patterned paper (Starfish Dreams paper from Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. The bright colors are fabulous, love the glittery cupcake, I'm sure your friend Lauren will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great b'day card,it's nice and bright,just what i like!!! And i'm
    sure your friend will too!!!
    Wish her happy b'day for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I've always loved that tent topper layout! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO cute! Love the scalloped edging. I have been wanting that stamp set! Love your card-Samantha (fellow Sisterhood2 blogger!)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips