Sunday, November 11, 2007

Elegant Flower

The stamper selected for today's featured stamper challenge is Frances/StampOwl. You can find her SCS gallery here. Frances is amazingly talented at coloring in line images. Wow! I am nowhere as talented at coloring as that--which is why I didn't choose to do a card with line images today. I knew I'd be disappointed with the outcome, as it wouldn't measure up.

I chose this card to use for the challenge. I kept the layout pretty much the same, but ended up changing the size of the front panel so it was larger and adding another layer to it as well. I used my Daisy set from Kitchen Sink Stamps for the flower image and the sentiment. This is the first time I've cut out the stamped daisy image. I attached the stamped image to the panel with dimensionals.

The background is made using the same Cuttlebug embossing folder as in the original card. I rubbed copper ink over the embossed images to make them stand out a little. Since the right side of the card looked a little "empty" to me, I added a piece of brown satin ribbon under the image panel. I like this satin ribbon--so soft and rich looking.

Materials Used:
Daisy stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Rose Coral, Rouge, Warm Red, Olive Pastel, Dark Moss, and Chestnut Roan chalk inks (ColorBox); Cosmic Copper ink (Brilliance); Linen stamp set, Creamy Caramel Classic ink, Rose Red, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); copper brads (Making Memories); brown satin ribbon (AC Moore); Script embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

5 comments:

  1. oh this is beautiful ... love that stamp set and I soooo need it LOL. Thanks for playing in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and the flower looks fabulous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Lori! The colors are beautiful and I love the flower cut out!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips