Monday, November 12, 2007

Group Hug!

This card is made with Beate's sketch challenge from the past weekend. Since I'm not wild about square cards, I kind of adapted/changed the sketch a little bit so it could be used on a standard sized card.

I used a Stamping Bella image that I had yet to ink up. The image is called "Group Hug." Isn't it the sweetest thing? I stamped the circle of snowpeople on a scrap of shimmery white cardstock, then used an aquapainter and reinkers to color the image in. I embellished some details (eyes and carrot noses) with Glaze pens.

I took the colors for the image from the Wintergreen designer paper. Love those colors! I used the All in a Row stamp set to create a faux stitched border around the patterned paper. I came *pretty* close to lining it up straight this time.

The satin ribbon is a Martha Stewart ribbon from Michaels. I haven't figured out a trick yet for cutting the satin ribbon so it doesn't fray. I'm sure there's a way to do it, I just don't know what it is . . .

Materials Used:
Group Hug stamp (Stamping Bella); All in a Row and So Many Sayings stamp sets, Always Artichoke, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, Blue Bayou, and Groovy Guava Classic inks, Always Artichoke, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, and Shimmery White cardstock, Wintergreen designer series paper, aquapainter, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, word window punch, Coluzzle, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); giga scalloped circle and mega circle punches (Marvy Uchida); sage satin ribbon (Martha Stewart-Michaels); Lime Green Stickles (Ranger); black and orange Glaze pens (Sakura)

7 comments:

  1. I love that stamp and the paper you used. Adorable card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable ... I hadn't seen that image before, and I love it ... great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori! This is ADORABLE! I love that stamp! So stinkin'cute! I like that you made it into a regular card too ;)
    Your All in a Row stamping is awesome! I can't get mine straight, even WITH the SAMJ! haha!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh..another Snowman stamp that I don't have yet! I Love snowmen!
    This is such an Adorable Card.
    Cute snowmen..great choice of colors..Love that pretty paper!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this...the colors, the snowmen, everything! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a great watercolourest adn your colours are glorious. Love what you've with the bella snowmen and the All in a Row stamp looks perfectly straight to me! :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips