Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Krazy about Kraft

So, it's no secret if you've been visiting Inking Aloud for a while. . . I love the look of kraft cardstock. And, since today's SCS color challenge called for kraft cardstock, I had to participate, even though I have a project due for my grad school class tomorrow night that's still in need of some final touches (last class session for this semester--yay!).

This card is a pretty quick and simple one. It is basically a flipped or rearranged version of the wintery card I did at my weekend workshop. I replaced the patterned paper in the original card with a piece of Purely Pomegranate cardstock stamped with the large swirl image from Priceless.

I used the fun Snow Burst set for the images on the main panel. The snowflakes are stamped on a scrap of Shimmery White cardstock. I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the snowflakes as a fun accent. Those Dazzling Diamonds are everywhere--I probably should have put them on before attaching the image panel to the rest of the layers. . .

I tied a piece of satin ribbon around the image panel. The panel is layered on a Chocolate Chip panel with distressed edges (yes, I cheated a bit on the challenge and added another color--my design really needed it, though). The sentiment is also stamped in white craft ink, then covered with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and punched out with the large oval punch.

Materials Used:
Snow Burst, Warm Words, and Priceless stamp sets, Purely Pomegranate Classic ink, White Craft ink, Purely Pomegranate, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, and Shimmery White cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way glue pen, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, large oval punch, distressing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); brown satin ribbon (AC Moore)

4 comments:

 
Blogging tips