Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sketch Challenge with Swirls

This card is for today's SCS sketch challenge. I used the butterfly and large swirl images from Priceless for the main image panel. The swirl was stamped in Bashful Blue craft ink, then heat embossed with Iridescent Ice for lots of sparkle. The butterfly is stamped on the white cardstock. I stamped a second butterfly on vellum and attached that over the image on the white cardstock, bending the wings so it looks like it's flying.

The white panel with just the butterfly and swirl images looked too "empty" to me, so I used the mat pack and paper piercing tool to make a pattern of small holes in the corners of the white cardstock without images. Maybe I should have used some colored or copper brads instead?? So, since there was still lots of white space at this point, I went back and added some tiny Bashful Blue sparkles with Dazzling Diamond centers. Still not sure about that . . .

I used the remaining half piece of kraft cardstock from yesterday's color challenge card as the card base. There are lots of layers on this one. I used shades of red and blue--this is my favorite combination to use with kraft cardstock. The top kraft layer is covered with the So Swirly jumbo wheel using white craft ink.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Priceless stamp set, So Swirly jumbo wheel and handle, Rose Red Classic ink, Bashful Blue and White Craft inks, Rose Red, Bashful Blue, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock, white vellum, Rose Red Prints Series designer paper, mat pack and paper piercing tool, kraft taffeta ribbon, corner rounder, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. beautiful Lori, thanks for leaving a message on my blog.
    Hey todays they day I join Su here in the uk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That butterfly is so pretty! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! Love the way
    you stamped a 2nd butterfly and gave it the 3d effect,cool!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips