Friday, December 28, 2007

Patterned Friend-Ship

I had some time tonight to try out this week's limited supply challenge on SCS. This one was a real challenge--no colored cardstock and no fun tools allowed. The challenge did allow for two or three different pieces of patterned paper for a punch of color. I do like what I came up with, even with the limited materials.

I decided to use images from the Boatloads of Love stamp set for the challenge. Once I picked the stamp set, I went looking for patterned papers to use. I wanted something with some blue for the water around the boat, so I ended up with two different patterned paper scraps from my package of Cutie Pie papers. The blue piece has a subtle flower pattern while the other piece has a bolder striped pattern that includes the same shade of blue as in the first piece.

The images were stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers to match the colors of the patterned papers. I added the sky with a sponge and some Bashful Blue ink. I used a clear Glaze pen to color over the boat's windows and the anchor. This adds a subtle shine to the image.

Since dimensionals were considered an adhesive--and therefore, allowed in this challenge--I used a whole bunch here. The stamped image panel is attached to the cardfront with dimensionals. I also cut out the heart image and the steam puff clouds and attached them with dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment (friendship) in the bottom right corner directly on the patterned paper in black ink. It is kind of lost in the photo, but it looks okay IRL.

Materials Used:
Boatloads of Love stamp set, Basic Black and Bashful Blue Classic inks, Whisper White cardstock, Cutie Pie designer series paper, dimensionals, sponge (Stampin' Up!); blue satin ribbon (AC Moore); clear Glaze pen (Sakura); Copic markers

8 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I love the colors! Great coloring! EVERYONE is getting those Copic markers! I'm not listening, I'm not listening . . . I don't need something else to spend my money on, right? Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a GREAT job with this sketch!!! Love the color combo! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, this is so cute! I love that boat! Love your colouring with those copics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LUV the way you float your boat haha!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just darling - love all the extra details you added without using any special tools for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips