Monday, December 3, 2007

Circle Cutout Cupcake Card

Here's a little bit of a different twist on the Happy Birthday Cupcake set from Kitchen Sink Stamps in the form of a card with a fancy fold. I saw a card using this fun design on Kirsten's blog a while ago. You can find her sample and directions here.

As soon as I saw Kirsten's card, I thought it would work perfectly with the large cupcake image from this set. I made some adjustments to her measurements to accomodate the larger image in the circle and to make this version of the card into a standard sized card.

The cupcake image is stamped with black ink and colored with Copic markers. I added some Cotton Candy Stickles to the cupcake top. The patterned paper on the front of the card is from the Cosmopolitan Collection by Making Memories. I love the pink and brown color combination!

I ended up using a combination of Marvy punches and my Coluzzle to make the circles and half circles for the cardfront. Now that I "get" how to actually use the Coluzzle, I'm finding it to be a handy and easy to use tool. It was great for cutting a half circle since I could see exactly where I was making the cut.

The sentiment is from the new Never a Loss 4 Words stamp set. It was just a tiny bit too long to fit inside my word window punch, so I cheated a little and just used my corner rounder to make it look like I had punched it out. Works fine for me!

Be sure to check out SCS or the Kitchen Sink Stamps website today for info on a one day special offer from Kitchen Sink Stamps.

Materials Used:
Happy Birthday Cupcake and Never a Loss 4 Words stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); Copic markers; Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); patterned paper (Cosmopolitan Collection by Making Memories); mega circle punch (Marvy Uchida); Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip cardstock, Coluzzle, dimensionals, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); wide pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels dollar bin)

17 comments:

  1. Wow! That stamp is so cool! Great idea doing this fold...looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE! Love the pink and brown! I'm a new sister on SBS2. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you have the cupcake as the centerpiece and then the opening of this fabulous card!! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This is so cute! I love the cutouts and the stickles and the pink and brown together. That's one of my favorite combos. I'm a new sister on SBS2 and look forward to getting to know you. I love your blog. Your cards are awesome!
    ~Becky~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to say hi from the SBS1 sisters! Love your work - your card is gorgeous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha, I'm a fellow sister :) I just love this card with that big yummy cupcake. The fold is great. I look forward to getting to know you and seeing your great creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Lori, especially the color combination - delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute - I love pink and brown together. Great job with the layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool card Lori!! I love the colors and the sparklies on the cupcake - great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cute! I love the cupcake and colors! Thanks for linking it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like everything about this card from the stamped image to the fancy cutouts. Great job and thanks for sharing.

    Lori SBS2

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this stamp and I love pink and brown!! I just love it ALL! SBS2 Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya Lori! What a cute card! That cupcake looks yummy! It would never occur to me to use this fold technique! Very nice job! LOVE the brown and pink together! That is such a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lori, I love your blog and the clean, crisp look of your cards. I am glad to be part of the SCS sisterhood #2 also. It is nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is so yummy looking! I love the colors:)
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  16. I mimic the comments of the one before me. This cupcake looks good enough to eat. You did a great job on the coloring.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips