Sunday, December 2, 2007

Party Time!

I have a busy day ahead of me today. I don't have a party planned, but I'm heading out for a shopping for stamping stuff playdate with my friends Michele and Larcy, so I wanted to post my card bright and early. I made this one for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. Rose Ann's (a fellow Starving Artistamps guest designer!) gallery was selected for the challenge. You can find her SCS gallery here and her blog here.

I loved the simple look of this wintery card in Rose Ann's gallery, so it was my inspiration for this card. I kept the layout and the idea of using black and white with a little punch of color in my version of the card. I changed the stamp sets, replacing the set Roseann used with the Happy Birthday Cupcake stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps (available tomorrow in the KSS store). I stamped one of the flower images from the set randomly in black ink on the white background and filled in the centers with Candy Cane Stickles for a little pop of red.

I stamped the cupcake image on a white circle, then stamped it again on red and white cardstock scraps so I could use them to make a paper pieced version of the cupcake. The top layer of the cupcake is covered with glitter and raised with dimensionals to look like fluffy frosting/icing.

The sentiment is also from Kitchen Sink Stamps. You'll find it in the Never a Loss 4 Words set (also available tomorrow).

Materials Used:
Happy Birthday Cupcake and Never a Loss 4 Words stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); Candy Cane Stickles (Ranger); mega circle and giga scalloped circle punches (Marvy Uchida); Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, corner rounder, black grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, two-way glue pen, white gel pen, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

6 comments:

  1. Your card
    is very nice! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adoreable!
    I see everyone using the nestabilities, and i'm thinking that i need some!

    *I also just learned that i should check who is sign in as so i don't leave comments from my boyfriends account. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great colors, and super cute cupcake!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips