Saturday, December 1, 2007

Simple Saturday

I have time for just a quick post today before I head out to the theater with my family (parents and sister). We're seeing a matinee of Avenue Q--probably not your typical family entertainment choice, but it works for us . . .

This card is for yesterday's limited supply challenge on SCS. The challenge was to showcase those smaller images. I have such a hard time using these little things! This card features the acorn image from Autumn Fest. Even though this set just made its debut in the SU! Fall/Winter Collection, it's on the retiring list released this morning. You can see the list here (PDF file) if you want to find out what else is disappearing at the end of the month to make room for great new stuff.

I inked the acorn in Creamy Caramel ink, then used a Close to Cocoa marker to color the cap. The image is set in an embossed and paper pierced frame I made using the Punches Plus Classy Brass embossing template. What a cool tool this is! I'm glad I put it on my last SU! order.

The "nuts about you" sentiment is from Memory Box. I thought it was a fun one for an acorn. I think this might work well for a masculine card. Here's a close up picture of how the acorn image looks inside its frame.

Materials Used:
Autumn Fest stamp set, Sanded background stamp, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, and Cranberry Crisp Classic inks, Cranberry Crisp and Very Vanilla cardstock, Close to Cocoa marker, Punches Plus Classy Brass embossing template, stylus, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!); square copper brads (Making Memories); patterned paper (KI Memories Colorful Fun Paper Pad)

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I like the way you framed the acorn. Very cute.


    And welcome to the sisterhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great composition. The way you framed the acorn really makes it pop. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simplicity--it's nice to be reminded that a little can go a long way. I love the framing of the acorn. PS--I'm nuts about you too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love that sentiment!!! Your card
    is very nice,simple but lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a perfect way to showcase a little image. Love it! :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card, I love simple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some really nice stuff! Glad you're in the SBS2!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips