Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Just B Mine

I'm still working my way through all of my new SU! stamp sets. Today's set is the new Just B. I loved the just retired All About U, so I thought that Just B might be a good replacement. I also used one of the images from one of the new sets of small background images, Sprinkles. Two new sets, one new card--not too bad!

I used today's sketch challenge on SCS for this monochromatic valentine. I inked the large "B" image in Almost Amethyst, then colored the dots with the darker Lovely Lilac marker. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to help place the "mine," also stamped in the darker Lovely Lilac ink. There's a matching heart brad in the bottom right corner of the image panel, filling some of the "white space."

I layered the B on mats I cut with my Nestabilities dies. At the last minute, I added a small scrap of wide white grosgrain to make a tab at the left side of the image.

To go with the dots on the B image, I used a piece of dotted paper (again from one of those never-ending Pallette of Prints paper pads). To embellish the patterned paper panel, I added a piece of lilac grosgrain ribbon along the bottom of the panel. I used a white felt heart, embellished with a lilac button, over the ribbon in the bottom right corner of the card.

I'm not sure that I'm thrilled with this one, but it works . . .

Materials Used:
Just B and Sprinkles stamp sets, Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac Classic inks, Lovely Lilac marker, Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, and Whisper White cardstock, Almost Amethyst Prints Series designer paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); wide white grosgrain ribbon, lilac grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); button and linen thread (Walmart); felt heart (American Crafts); heart brad (Making Memories)

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute... those dies are so much fun to use on the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable!! I think this set is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Lori! I love the felt heart at the bottom and this stamp set looks like it might be a godd replacement for All About U! Love the colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new set and LOVE what you've done with it! The felt heart and the tab add just the right accents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I love all the little embelishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh love this set and love how you used it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips