Friday, January 11, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 29

This week's blogger challenge was to use the layout found on page 37 of the Stampin' Up! Spring/Summer Collection catalog as the basis for a card. The card in the photo is not my typical style (very elegant!), so it took me a while to come up with a way to approach the layout that worked for me.

I ended up using the large boat image from Boatloads of Love as the focal point of the card. I loved the way my earlier card with Boatloads of Love worked with the fun striped paper from the Cutie Pie paper pack, so I went back to that for my color inspiration.

I stamped the image two times, first on the cardfront, then on a scrap of cardstock. I colored the image on the scrap piece with Copic markers, then cut it out and attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals. I used sponges to dab in a sky and the water.

I had a hard time arranging the blocks of color and pattern to my liking (a red panel at the top of the card just didn't work--way too heavy feeling). I arranged and rearranged quite a few times before I settled on this combo.

Be sure to check out what the other blogger challenge players have created using this layout. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right side of my blog.

Materials Used:
Boatloads of Love stamp set, Bashful Blue and Rose Red cardstock, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, and Ballet Blue Classic inks, Cutie Pie designer paper, Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon, corner rounder, Crystal Effects, dimensionals, sponges (Stampin' Up!); markers (Copic)

25 comments:

  1. Such a cute Valentine's card. You've really done a great job with this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a great version of that layout! Perfect! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now how cute is that card?! It totally makes me smile - great card!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It's so cute! The colors are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! Put a big smile on my face this a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, this is Adorable!!!!!! Just Love it!!!!!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I sooooo want that set but am afraid I will not use it enough. Your card is just adorable. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Lori! I love the colors you used and the way the scalloped edge mirrors the waves at the bottom. It is perfectly balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Lori! Can't go wrong with that stamp set! I love it! Love what you did at the bottom...looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great Valentine's day card. So nicely colored.
    This is a great stamp set...
    Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love the colors! I love that little boat too! So fun to play with!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You did a great job. This card looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lori! Your card is really cute. I love the stripes and colors! Beautifully done!

    Your SBS2 sis,
    Maria (Stampin Inspirations)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just adorable! Love the ribbons, the colors, the whole thing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way you interpreted this card! I would not have thought of that set for this layout! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It came out very cute! It is very well balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this! This stamp set is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your card!! The sentiment is just so cute with this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. super cute - I have this set and it's neglected! you have inspired me to get it out and ink it up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love what you did with this set! I made a card with this same Cutie Pie paper today - it's fab, isn't it. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really like this card!! So cute! I can't wait to start joining in on the challanges...I'm just starting by stamping obsession!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute card! I love that tug boat image and your colors are just so cheerful. This card makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh I totally love your idea of the sketch. You make that set look adorable. Great coloring too

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips