Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Bright Birdie Birthday

It is so bitter cold here today that I wanted to make a bright, cheerful, warm-feeling card tonight. And, today was my first day back at work after my too short vacation, so I was definitely in need of some cheering up! So, here's my bright birdie card for today's sketch challenge on SCS.

I am loving this bird set from the new catalog! With all the sentiments and little accessories, it can be used for so many occasions. I made a birthday one tonight so I could use this fun Salsa paper from Junkitz. The birthday hat in the paper is a great match for the bird's party hat.

I stamped the bird image on a white rectangle--probably should have placed the image a little bit higher up on the panel . . . Then, I stamped the bird again, this time on a scrap of turquoise cardstock and cut it out, then attached it over the bird on the white panel with a dimensional. I colored the party hat with Copic markers to match the colors in the patterned paper, then cut it out and attached it with dimensionals, too. I added some green Stickles to the hat, too.

Today was the first day to place orders from the new SU! Spring/Summer Collection catalog. I got my order in this afternoon so I'll have new sets (and paper and ribbon and accessories) to use in an upcoming swap. I can't wait for my new stuff to arrive!!

Materials Used:
A Little Birdie Told Me stamp set, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Groovy Guava, and Gable Green cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Salsa pad by Junkitz); Lime Green Stickles (Ranger); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); green brads (Making Memories); markers (Copic); green grosgrain (?)

11 comments:

  1. It's very cold here too. I love the bright colors. I'm starting my SCS sketch challenge tonight. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fun and fresh color of your card...make me think spring---which thankfully will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is great fun - love all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that???? I love it and it is warm and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Lori! Ok, you have sold me on this set! I LOVE this card! It feels bouncy and fun! Really nice job! Happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What super fun colors! It is so cheerful and alive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is one of the cutest I have seen with this little birdie!! Love the layout and the colors are so bright and happy!
    I am so glad I just ordered this set today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Lori! I'm loving that bird too and your DP is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A spectacular card! I'm gonna have to find me some of that Junkitz paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bright cheery card, your colors are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  11. how bright and cheery! that bird is also one of my new favs!

    sbs2 sis,
    jenn*

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips