Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} #25

Here's a set of 4 3x3 cards I made for this week's sketch challenge on the Sketches {by Tamara} blog. Tamara told us her sketch was inspired by a sign she saw during her travels. Inspiration really is everywhere! You can check out her sketch and the ideas from other design team members here. If you try the sketch, stop back here and leave a comment with a link so I can check it out.

My cards are all the same layout, so they were quick and easy to make. I used the large round flower image from Ginormous Flowers and stamped the image in colors to match the stripes in the Cutie Pie designer paper.







I used a circle punch to punch out the center of each flower, leaving a gaping hole, which I covered by adding a slightly larger circle in a solid contrasting color. I used the paper piercing tool to make tiny holes in the dots in the punched out pieces, then matched the pieces to the centers of the large flower images. I attached them with dimensionals. Then, I stamped the center of the big flower image one more time in each of the 4 colors I used. I punched those out with a small circle punch and added a small rhinestone to the center of each image. I glued the embellished pieces to the center of the flower they matched.








Once I was done with the set, I needed some way to keep it together. These tiny cards have a way of disappearing on me! So, for the finishing touch (just for Inking Aloud readers!), I made a matching box for the cards. I found the pattern on SCS here. When I make these little boxes, I like to use kraft cardstock because it's a little thicker than the regular SU! cardstock--makes the box a little sturdier. And soon, it will be even easier for me to make these boxes. My holiday gift from my best friend--a Scor-Pal--is on its way. This will be a great tool to have for making so many fun things. I can't wait to try it out!

I wrapped the box with a strip of matching designer paper. The closure is a chipboard flower, covered in patterned paper and embellished with a clear button. I used a Basic Gray magnetic snap to keep the box closed.

Materials Used:
Ginormous Flowers stamp set, So Saffron, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Whisper White and Kraft cardstock, So Saffron, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, and Bashful Blue Classic inks, Cutie Pie designer paper, On Board Blossoms chipboard flower, dimensionals, mat pack and paper piercer, circle punches (Stampin' Up!); rhinestones (Walmart); magnetic snap (Basic Grey); button (Foo Fa La)

7 comments:

  1. Lori,
    These are great! I love the colors and the crispness of the design.

    Lori SBS2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are absolutely GORGEOUS! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are lovely, the giant flower is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yah Lori! Super cool girl! Love these little cards and box!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips