Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} #27

Here's a card for this week's sketch from Sketches {by Tamara}. I had a hard time with this one--not sure why . . . I threw out a few initial attempts that look nothing like what I came up with in the end.

I was inspired by a half sheet of Sage Shadow cardstock I had lying out, left over from a card earlier this week, and some coordinating scraps of Wintergreen designer paper. I decided to pair the sage cardstock with a gray mat, then a white one to pick up the colors in the patterned paper.

The look and feel of the papers fit the sentiment from the Snow Flurry set from Kitchen Sink Stamps perfectly. I stamped the image in black ink so it would stand out against the pattern. I added a tiny silver heart brad next to the sentiment. It made a nice accent to the gray taffeta ribbon and silver cord I tied around the bottom of the card.

The bauble-y things in the center of the card aren't real Dew Drops. They're "floral accents" I found at Michaels that look similar. They're larger than Dew Drops, so they worked well for this project. I adhered them with some Crystal Effects. I like the Dew Drops much better, though. Maria has just added a bunch of new colors to the Kitchen Sink Stamps Store if you're looking for some to try out.

Materials Used:
Snow Flurry stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); Sage Shadow and Basic Gray cardstock, Wintergreen designer paper, gray taffeta ribbon, silver cord, Crystal Effects (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (GeorgiaPacific); heart brad (Making Memories); clear floral accents (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. Oh this looks so cool with those floral accents across the front! Fab idea Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Lori,
    I love this card. The sage shadow really is lovely with the accents. Great job! chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute...and the dew drops make such a nice accent to the card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips