Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Take on mytime's Simple Sketch

I've been thinking about making this card since last night. It was on my mind when I went to sleep and on my mind again when I woke up, so I knew I had to do something about it. It's based on a sketch that I found on Lauren's (mytime on SCS) blog last weekend. I did something just a little different than in the inspiration/sample card on mine.

For the front of the card, I used some more of the striped Scrapbook Walls paper I used last week in combination with the same stamp set, Love & Luck from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I cut it just a little smaller than the Cranberry Crisp cardfront and used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges. The stitching's a little uneven and not straight because my big dog, Cosmo, suddenly decided that he was interested in examining the sewing machine while I was using it. Usually he runs from any and everything that appears to make noise and move at the same time (or blow air, like a hair dryer or a heat tool or a vacuum . . .), but tonight, he was sticking his head under my arm, sniffing at the machine while I was trying to sew. He approached so quietly that I didn't even notice him until he was right there.

Here's where I changed the sketch up just a little. Instead of stamping directly on or attaching a piece with a stamped image to the front of the card, after I had secured the patterned paper, I used one of the Nestabilities circle dies to cut a circle through the two layers. I positioned a piece of white cardstock inside the card and stamped the "love" and heart images on the white paper that was visible inside the circular cutout so that when the card is flipped open, you will still see the images. I made the small circular embellishment for the front with a pair of Nestabilities circle cutouts and another heart image from the Love & Luck set. Like Lauren did in her sample, I added a clear page pebble to highlight the heart.

Be sure to check back tomorrow to see what this week's bloggers challenge is . . .

Materials Used:
Love & Luck stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pearlescent Poppy pigment ink (Brilliance); Pixie Dust chalk ink (VersaMagic); Peppermint Stripe paper (Scrapbook Walls line by Chatterbox); Cranberry Crisp and Pretty in Pink cardstock (Stampin' Up!); cranberry ribbon (Michaels dollar bin); page pebble (Joann); sewing machine; circle dies (Nestabilities); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); heart brads (Making Memories)

6 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet and "love"ly! Really like this one :D I think its cool you did a window. Thanks so much for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the window - very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Lori...great take on the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I don't know how much longer I can hold out before I'm going to have to get the Nestabilities!!! This is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the window and the story about Cosmo, heehee! :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips