Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} #28

This card is for this week's sketch on the Sketches {by Tamara} blog. When I saw the sketch, the rimmed-looking circular image she included for the focal image made me think of the metal rimmed vellum tags I have in my collection that I haven't used in a very long time. This may be a more literal interpretation of the sketch than Tamara probably intended, but it worked for me . . .

I stamped two of the heart images from the new Love & Luck set (Kitchen Sink Stamps) in craft inks on the vellum tag. Since my tags had a pre-punched hole at the top, I added a scrap of ribbon through the hole to cover it up. I adhered the tag to a scalloped circle, then to the cardfront.

The cardfront is covered by a piece of DCWV patterned paper. I picked a light colored pattern so I could stamp the sentiment directly on the patterned paper. The sentiment is from the Thanks with Style set, also from Kitchen Sink Stamps. It's stamped in craft ink, too, for an opaque look. I added a tiny red heart brad just to the right of the sentiment to tie in the red in the heart and the red scalloped strip just to the right of the sentiment.

If you'd like to see what the other members of the card sketch design team came up with using this sketch, you can check out Tamara's blog . Let me know if you give it a try so I can stop by and check out your creation.

Materials Used:
Love & Luck and Thanks with Style stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Regal Rose and Real Red Craft inks, Real Red, Regal Rose, and Pretty in Pink cardstock, slit punch, rose grosgrain ribbon, glue dots (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (DCWV stack); heart brad and vellum tag (Making Memories); scalloped circle die (Nestabilities)

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty Lori - great colors and design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Card. I love that patterned paper. (email me for my sad story about that paper). Great job on the card I love the Rimmed tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I didn't do the card sketch yet (hopefully I'll get a chance), but I did post a scrapbook page today for her scrapbook sketch!

    I like your use of the rimmed tag! All of your cards are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design for this card, love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips