Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Kitchen Sink Stamps

My new stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps arrived on Thursday afternoon and I had to try them out before I left for the beach. I got one of the new Valentine's Day sets, Love & Luck. I love the fun heart and clover images found in this set--lots of possibilities here . . .

This card uses one of the large sentiments from the set. I stamped "love" in a red toned ink on a scrap of shimmery white cardstock, let it dry, then stamped a solid heart image right over the sentiment. The clear stamps make the placement so easy! Then I used my oval Nestabilities to cut out the image and a pair of mats.

I chose the colors for the card based on the striped patterned paper from Chatterbox's Scrapbook Walls line. The papers in this line are double-sided and have a subtle texture. I used my sewing machine to stitch a piece of the patterned paper to a piece of solid brown paper (had a little machine user error on the first piece and had to re-do it, but no real damage done . . .). Then I used two of the small heart images from the set to stamp a "border" along the bottom of the panel in dark brown ink. I put both stamps on a small block and stamped them repeatedly. Again, the clear images made lining up the border quick and easy.

At the top of the panel, I added a strip of wide grosgrain ribbon with a copper buckle. I made the buckle with a buckle punch and some brushed copper paper. It's a fun detail and doesn't add a lot of bulk to a card.

I'm looking forward to playing some more with these stamps next week . . .

Materials Used:
Love & Luck stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pixie Dust and Jumbo Java chalk inks (VersaMagic); Pearlescent Poppy pigment ink (Brilliance); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); Cranberry Crisp, Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom, Brushed Copper, and Shimmery White cardstock, wide chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); buckle punch (EK Success); Peppermint Stripe paper (Chatterbox's Scrapbook Walls line)

8 comments:

  1. Very nice card Lori!! I love your buckle detail and the hearts at the bottom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute! Love the colors and the detail of the buckle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very nice... I love the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really cute! i really like the buckle.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layout Lori! Love that buckle on the ribbon...awesome!
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend at the beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic! I love the heart over the word. The striped paper is fantastic too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, Love the designer paper and the colors go well together.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips