Sunday, January 20, 2008

Stylish Pocket Card

I used some of my favorite patterned papers to make this bright pocket card for Valentine's Day. This card includes a few things that aren't normally associated with Valentine's day--like the browns and blues that are on the papers, and the images from a thank you set, but I think that they still work well.

For the focal point on the front of the pocket, I stamped the large heart image from Thanks with Style from Kitchen Sink Stamps on a piece of white paper, then covered the image with Iridescent Ice embossing powder (yes, this was before the window installer "borrowed" my heat tool last week). I stamped one of the smaller heart images inside the open part of the heart image--fits perfectly--and added a small rhinestone to the center. I used my oval Nestabilities to cut out the image and a mat. The oval is adhered to the front of the card, right over the pink satin ribbon that's tied around the card, with dimensionals.

For the insert, I used the same large and small heart images, this time both stamped in dye ink. I stamped the "hugs and kisses" sentiment from Never a Loss 4 Words over the images. Then, I made a border for the card using the "xoxoxoxo" sentiment from the same set.

I punched out a round tab and stamped a heart on it for the top of the insert. There's a small, pink self-adhesive rhinestone at the center of the heart.

Materials Used:
Thanks with Style and Never a Loss 4 Words stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Regal Rose Craft ink, Regal Rose, Cool Caribbean, and Tempting Turquoise Classic inks, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock, Loves Me designer paper, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, mat pack and paper piercing tool, round tab punch, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); pink satin ribbon (Michaels); pink self-adhesive rhinestone (Joann); rhinestone, pink rick rack (Walmart)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lori! Great colors and i love that paper, i havent used it in quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a pocket card is on my horizon after seeing such a great example of one! (I've never attempted one.) I think the colors/patterns are wonderful!

    Lori SBS2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pocket card...
    perfectly made for Valentine's
    day. Great mix of colors...
    beautiful papers. Love the ric-rac.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty card. What beautiful papers! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! I love all the designer paper and embellishments! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute...and I love those colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaghhh!! My favourites, Lori!! I LOVE that paper....so sad it's gone!! And I LOVE criss cross cards and that ric rac!!! Yum, yum!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your blog. Your art work is amazing!!! This card is fantastic...I especially love the heart image!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card!! I love it:)
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! Love the bright colors and ric-rac!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous criss-cross card Lori! I just love the papers(I still have some left too!), all of the frills and touches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips