Wednesday, January 23, 2008

No Longer Neglected

It's been a while since I've used my Priceless stamp set. Not long ago it was my go-to stamp set, but with all of the new stamps I've gotten since the new SU! catalog became available, not to mention the great stuff I've been playing with from Kitchen Sink Stamps, I haven't used it quite as often. I pulled it out for today's SCS sketch challenge and really like what I came up with.

I stamped the large swirl image in Bashful Blue craft ink, then covered it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder (yes, I got a replacement for the heat gun after last week's use by the window installer . . .) . Then I stamped the butterfly image on vellum cardstock and closely trimmed around it. I added a little Dazzling Diamonds to the butterfly wings to go with the sparkly swirl. The butterfly is adhered to the white panel with a glue dot at its center. I added some Dew Drops to the bottom left corner of the panel, too.

The patterned paper panels are from the retired SU! Loves Me paper package. I liked how the dots and swirls complemented the swirl images in the Priceless set.

I added a sentiment from Verve Visual's Uplifting Phrases sentiment set. This is such a fun sentiment set! It's stamped in craft ink that's a darker shade of pink than the cardfront. And while I'm on the subject of Verve Visual, I want to update you on yesterday's near disaster with my new Verve Visual set, Wild Thing. Julee, the owner of Verve Visual, saw my post (here--Verve Visual Valentine) and has offered to send me a replacement for the Cuttlebug-chewed image. How generous of her (and totally unexpected), especially since the damage to the stamp was totally my fault. What great customer service!

Materials Used:
Priceless stamp set, Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose and Bashful Blue Craft inks, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock, vellum cardstock, Loves Me designer paper, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Uplifting Phrases stamp set (Verve Visual); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

21 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! I really like what you did with the butterfly, and the glittery wings are just the right touch - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. I'm no good with flourishes and I really like how you used yours. That butterfly is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, this is beautiful! It's been ages since I used this set too...hmmm...thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job on the challenge. love the little "baubles" too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stamp set. Its on my wishlist :) GREAT JOB

    MWAH sisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Beautiful!!
    Great colors..Love your Butterfly.
    Nice stamp set..great for sketch.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous!!! That butterfly is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Love the layout, colors and the ice looks great. I still have to work on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so pretty. The butterfly is so delicate looking. Your colors are wonderful together and I love the added touches like the dew drops & the sparkle on the swirl. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This is gorgeous! I love the blue and pink, and that butterfly looks like it could fly right off that card! It's so soft and pretty! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the softness of this card! It looks stunning! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Lori! What a gorgeous card! Great sketch design and super choice of colors! I am such a sucker for anything pink! Really, really pretty! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! This is lovely, Lori!!! Love the soft colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is a really beautiful card. I love this layout and will need to come up with something to use it for as well. The color combination is just so dainty. Really nice!

    Your SBS2 Sis,

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. you know, you are a really talented lady! all of your cards are so colorful and just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh so pretty. I love love love how you did the butterfly! :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this....I've been into butterflies of a different set lately! I need to *use* this set....I've got it and haven't inked it....I will be making some of those butterflies too! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So soft and pretty! Love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips