Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Back (with) Out On a Limb

I had so much fun with the Papertrey Ink Out on a Limb set yesterday that I decided to use it again (along with the same color scheme) for today's SCS sketch challenge. This card uses some of my favorite things--kraft cardstock and SU!'s Fall Flowers designer paper. I love the looks of the earthy blues, greens, and browns together.

I stamped the branch and leaves images along with the sentiment on a vanilla panel with chalk inks. I've found that the VersaMagic chalk inks work really well with clear stamps. They give a rich, solid image. I used a sponge to apply ink to the panel's edges. The panel is layered on cardstock mats to match the colors of the Fall Flowers designer paper. I distressed the bottom layer to add some interest and dimension.

I combined the Fall Flowers paper with a scrap of striped Soft Sky Prints Series designer paper on the card base. I added a little paper pierced strip of matching solid cardstock under the striped paper and some brads.

My new Kitchen Sink Stamps order arrived today. I got the 3 step Hearts & Roses set, so I need some time to play around with it to figure out how to get the roses just right before I have a card to post. Be sure to check out the store--Maria has added two brand new sets today.
I'll be back later with some cards for blogger sketch challenges that I've completed this week.

Materials Used:
Out on a Limb stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Tea Leaves and Jumbo Java chalk inks (VersaMagic); Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky, Very Vanilla, and Kraft cardstock, Fall Flowers and Soft Sky Prints Series designer paper, distressing tool, mat pack and paper piercing tool, wide Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); copper brads (Making Memories)

5 comments:

  1. I really like these colors together. Your card is top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!! You've been so busy this week. I love your stuff, keep them coming!! Even if you're not my SBS sis I'd still visit and comment :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty card...love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips