Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Blogger Sketch Cards with a Valentine Theme

There have been some fantastic sketch challenges posted this week by my fellow bloggers. Here are a few of the cards I've been working on.

This one's for Mary Jo's Monday lunchtime challenge. I was inspired by a cardfront I made to swap at last summer's SU! convention that I have hanging on the magnetic whiteboard over my desk. I had totally forgotten about the cute little prickly guy in Moose You and thought he (and the "stuck on you" sentiment) would be perfect for this sketch.

I stamped the image 4 times with brown ink, then used a circle punch to punch out the images. I layered them on circles using dimensionals.

The heart brad was originally a white brad. I colored it red to match my cardstock using a Copic marker--another great way to use them.

Materials Used:
Moose You stamp set, Close to Cocoa and Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Soft Sky, and Whisper White cardstock, Soft Sky Prints Series designer paper, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, slit punch, taupe grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle die (Nestabilities); heart brad (Making Memories); marker (Copic Ciao)


This one's for Julee's Mojo Monday challenge. It's a little out of my comfort zone--a square card and lots and lots of pattern--but I think it came out okay. I think that the hardest part of this one for me was working with all of the pieces in a small space (4.25" x 4.25"). Getting the pieces layered and proportioned to look right was tricky!

I used the striped patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket's Hey Sugar line as inspiration here. I matched it with some Groovy Guava Ruby Red, and Chocolate Chip cardstock. The heart images and sentiment from Verve Visual's Wild Thing are stamped on shimmery white cardstock to match the colors in the patterned paper.


Materials Used:
Wild Thing stamp set (Verve Visual); Heart Strings patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket's Hey Sugar line); Groovy Guava and Ruby Red Classic inks, Groovy Guava, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, and Shimmery White cardstock, horizontal slot punch, circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); red ribbon (Michaels dollar bin)

8 comments:

  1. Too cute. I agree the prickly little guy and the sentiment are the perfect couple! Love the small and super DP'd card. I'm a layah loving gal so this appeals to me! Fab job sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous! You did awesome with those sketches! I just did Techno Stampers sketch tonight(because you linked to it before ;)...lol
    Will take a pic tomorrow!
    I love your Mojo sketch card too! Love the patterns! You pulled it off wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this! I too love that little guy and how great he fits in those little circles! Great job on the challenge! I love it. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty! I love all the layers and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the Wild Thing card - so cute!!!
    Hugs,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are too cute! I really love the square card with all the layers! You did a great job with this sketch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the square valentine. You did a great job coordinating all those patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! Your square card looks effortless. Love it! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips