Sunday, February 3, 2008

Baroque Motifs Goes Valentine

For today's featured stamper challenge on SCS, I pulled out my Baroque Motifs set, inspired by this card by Renee/prchvs (see her SCS gallery here). I was late to get on the Baroque Motifs bandwagon, mostly because I didn't feel the images were my "style" and that I wasn't sure I could do anything with them. Well, after looking at what everyone else created with this set, I added it to an order. I've tried it a few times and I'm still pushing myself to make it "mine."

Anyway, I decided to convert Renee's card to a sort of Valentine. I changed the card from a square (those are hard for me) to a standard sized card, but kept the feel of the layout and the colors used basically the same. For the main image panel, I used the swirl image from Sweet Shapes to create a stem. I added heart shaped flowers using images from Sweet Shape (large ones) and Mark the Date (small ones). I outlined the hearts and traced the stem/swirl with a Stardust pen for some subtle sparkle (so subtle that it doesn't show in the photo-LOL!).

I loved how Renee used the paper piercing template to outline just the top half of the image panel, so I did that on my card as well. I replaced the patterned paper on the bottom section of the card with a piece from the Bali Breeze paper pack.

Materials Used:
Baroque Motifs, Sweet Shapes, and Mark the Date stamp sets, Purely Pomegranate, Old Olive, and Close to Cocoa Classic inks, Purely Pomegranate, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Bali Breeze designer paper, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon, distressing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); rectangle dies (Nestabilities); copper brads (Making Memories); Stardust pen (Sakura)

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous Lori! I have a hard time with this set as well...LOVE what you did with the hearts!!! Fantastic girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card that really shows off your versatility.

    Lori SBS2

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful... great use of the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty! Great for a valentine and I love that set too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a BEAUTIFUL card! I love the simplicity of it! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors..Lime and pink..go well..Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Pretty Card...
    Great choice of colors..
    love the Baroque Motifs used
    with the Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty,love the motif stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!! Great card. I love all your v-day cards. So creative you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool idea, will have to give this a go,lol - love this

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips