Monday, February 4, 2008

Simple Valentine

I used the simple sketch that Lauren posted on her blog this weekend to create this card. I really like the clean lines of the sketch, so I decided to stay with a basic color scheme and avoid patterned paper to keep the finished product clean and simple. Instead, I created my own patterned background on the cardfront. I stamped this heart image from Starving Artistamps in red ink repeatedly on the red cardstock. The tone on tone image was a quick and easy way to add interest.

I used the same stamp to create the image on the circle panel. I stamped the image on the white circle, then colored in the scalloped edges with a red marker. After letting the red marker set a bit, I covered it with glue and added some glitter to the scallops. I stamped the heart image again, this time on a red cardstock scrap. I cut out the heart portion and used a dimensional to attach it to the image on the white cardstock. The image is layered on a red circle and a black scalloped circle to pick up both the colors and pattern of the image.

Be sure to check out this post for more information about a great deal for you from Starving Artistamps . . .

Materials Used:
scalloped heart from Scalloped Ornamentals set(# 6203, Starving Artistamps); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red marker, Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); white grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); black brads (Making Memories)

5 comments:

  1. I adore how you made your own bkgd paper. Its came out so pretty. Love that you reversed the colors too. Thanks for playing along-its came out great :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the knotted ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funky ribbon treatment and love how you stamped the hearts! :0) Mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips